Mmm vegan pizza… so many delicious options for veggies and herbs to put on your pizza. My friend and I made some homemade pizza crusts using this dough recipe below.
This dough recipe is from Zojirushi’s bread maker recipe book
Traditional Pizza Dough Recipe (Bread maker)
Makes 2 12″ pizza crusts
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil (I skipped it)
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tsp active dry yeast
- Measure all ingredients and sprinkle into baking pan, making sure the yeast doesn’t touch the sugar or water.
- Select dough setting on bread maker and press start.
- Remove dough and preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Roll out dough and shape into desired shape.
- Cover dough with cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with desired toppings and vegan cheese if desired. (I used Daiya.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
This pizza was topped with olives, red bell pepper, sautéed mushrooms and onions, fresh arugula, fresh basil and Daiya cheese. Not a typical vegetarian pizza, but it was very delicious! If you can’t find Daiya cheese you can substitute another vegan cheese, make your own vegan cashew cheese, or leave it with just sauce and veggies like a flatbread.