Personal Update From Veronica

by on April 20, 2014

You might have noticed I’ve been less active lately
with my website and my mailings, and I wanted let
you know what’s been going on.

I feel really badly for not creating as much content as
I normally do and it’s because I’ve been dealing with
several personal struggles in my life. I hope that by
sharing with you, you will be able to understand and
hopefully forgive me. You are really important to me
and I don’t want to lose you.

Back in January, I actually hurt myself quite badly from
typing and texting too much… It doesn’t sound serious,
but it is. Both of my arms have been pretty useless for the
past few months as I attend physic therapy and some
therapeutic massage appointments. This has made writing,
and especially cooking (chopping, stirring etc.) nearly
impossible due to my inflammation and extremely poor
grip. I am quite embarrassed to have hurt myself so badly
at this age and hope that this won’t be something that affects
me permanently.

Because of working less I have to cut my expenses and
move somewhere much more affordable and am headed
to a small city in Southern Ontario at the end of the month.
Packing and moving are my least favourite things to do, but
they are very necessary at this point.

In addition, my sweet kitty Xander I have had for 14 years
has been through hell the past month with vet visits every
week for urinary blockages and cystitis. He’s had crystals
removed surgically last month as well as a bladder flush when
he reblocked from inflammation 3 days later. I tried everything
the vet suggested and didn’t suggest to try to keep him healthy
and decrease his levels of inflammation. Even eating a raw meat
diet did not stop him from becoming partially blocked again last
week due to inflammation and urethra spasms (a side effect from
the first surgery that sometimes occurs). At this point, the vet
wants to do a second surgery to remove his sexual organs and
make his tubes bigger so he hopefully won’t be able to spasm or
block again in future. But all of this is extremely expensive, I
have spent upwards of $2800 on the first surgery and flush along
with medication, supplements, second opinions from holistic vets
etc, and his second surgery this week is going to be about $1400.

The reason I want to save Xander is because the vet has assured
me that he has no other health concerns after running a battery of
tests and may very well be able to live a happy life for at least
another 3-5 more years. He is my baby and I just can’t let myself
give up on him yet, but I am going deeply into debt with moving
expenses and vet bills on top of all my other business/living
expenses.

So this is why I am dedicating my Spring Sale to Xander, in an
effort to offer you my best prices on my recipe programs so we
can help each other out.

Click Below:

I certainly understand if you prefer to stick to my fre.e. content
and that’s totally ok! You are in no way obligated to help, I just
wanted to let you know about this opportunity should you also be
tight with your purse strings lately as well and be looking to
improve your diet as well.

I am also welcoming donations, no matter how small if you feel
so inclined. Please know that everything I make in the next month
is going to help Xander who has been with me through every major
change in my life growing up. (A donation button is set up on sales
page, but you can also send via paypal.com to
lowfatveganchef@gmail.com if you prefer)

I appreciate your support no matter what, and even just signing up to
my newsletter and listening to what I have to say means the world to
me. For without you dear reader, there would be no
LowFatVeganChef.com and I’d just be a girl cooking alone in her
house with no one to inspire!

I feel a little bit better letting you know what’s been going on in
my life lately, and I hope you can forgive me if this was not the
news you were expecting to read today. But I am a real person and
feel that it is important to share both my successes and struggles
with my readers so we can grow together and support each other.

Again thank you so much for reading, and have a wonderful Easter
Monday!

Veronica

1 Catherine July 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I am just getting to know you, and my heart goes out to you. You are young and strong and this will all pass. I am 89 years young and have had inflamation in my shoulders and back and with therapy I am still here to tell the tale. what ever you do, the best of luck to you and your best friend.

2 Mari Sloane June 20, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Veronica – You bring us out here, whom you do not know, so much HOPE, so much ENCOURAGEMENT! You do not know you are changing the World, I suspect. The humbleness of your post is genuine. And we are Heart speaking to Heart.
I would like that no one suffer in any way. I campaign for it. I yry to help in the ways I can. I am sick, a long term deteriorating condition that attacks my body/brain. So I am variable in my abilities. You bring me up. You present BEAUTIFUL food to nourish this broken vessel of God’s..
YOU DO SO MUCH GOOD! Every person comes into seasons of distress, of trials. BUT GOD… is still on the Throne. The GOD who created us – LOVES US DEARLY, AND NEVER ALLOWS MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE WITH HIM, TO COME TO US.

I pray for Renewal and refreshment of your heart, mind, body, and spirit! WITH JESUS taking you through the trials ahead, walking ahead and behind, but also beside you. Grasp His hand tightly. I dont know what you believe spiritually. But THIS I KNOW : He desires to help you through this. He is passionate, devoted to helping us in this crazy, fallen world.

No matter what happens, Jesus is rigjt beside you. And it is He who has ALL the power. He is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. And gives you HIS strength, comfort, and provision and protection from all harm.
I do wish you didn’t need to go through this upheaval. But I SEE you growing from it. I SEE SOMETHING AWESOME FOR YOU (and so us) on the other side of this. Remember this : God is all LOVE, all TRUTH, all GOOD. ALL LIGHT in the darkness. And Satan and Evil ARE NOT GOD’S COUNTERPART, HIS OPPOSITE. He is a CREATED being. Just as we are. HE does NOT possess equal power against God. He has NO POWER. Except to deceive you.
I know God is guiding you, and working in you, and those who you encounter to get you through this successfully, with His Grace. Your grace fulness and graciousness are changing our lives. I thank you! And I pray for you and Kit-Kat. I am a dog person, and my dogs (3) LOVED cats. My first loved cats first, people second, and dogs were “well, ok.”
I leave you with my and Jesus’ encouragement. Talk to HIM about your arms, Take your request for healing to Father God. He worked a MIRACLE HEALING in me. HUGE! HE LOVES TO BE A HERO! AND HE LOVES TO BE SPECTACULAR ABOUT IT, for it is to DECLARED, SHOUTED, to show signs to help people to BELIEVE, AND KNOW HIM and HIS PEACE.
ALL MY LOVE TOO…. mari (sloane)

3 dennise secton May 27, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Please try a reputable chiropractor in your area for your hand and arm trouble. It’s worth a try, if you haven’t already. A friend avoided surgery with just two wrist and elbow adjustments.

4 Veronica Grace May 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Yes I am going to a chiropractor. I don’t have carpel tunnel, just my joints were seized so the muscles were strained badly. It all stems from 2 car accidents that have hurt my back years ago and too my typing and working on my phone.

5 Pam April 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Hi Victoria, I hope Xander gets better. I decided that, based on what is happening, this is the perfect time for me to sign up for coaching with you. :)

6 Veronica Grace April 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hi Pam, thanks for signing up. Just fyi it’s Veronica. :) Thanks

7 Sharon April 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Hi Veronica – so sorry to hear about the pain/inflammation you are going through…Those types of injuries take time to heal. And then your poor kitty! My friend’s cat had that surgery and he was fine for the rest of his life! You need your furry friend right now…I will be making a donation. I hope that your move goes well and that you and Xander heal quickly! Take care.

8 Kathleen Keene April 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hi Victoria,

I sent you a small donation, and shared your story with our local veg group page, AR group, as well as on my personal page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152327151826826&set=gm.10152366910437590&type=1&theater

I hope that garners some donations, it’s the least I could do! :)

With much veggie love,

Kathleen ?

9 Veronica Grace April 21, 2014 at 6:18 PM

10 Kathleen Keene April 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM

You are welcome. I hope it all works out for you! :)

11 Tanya A April 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I want to send you and Xander good, healing vibes. My Marmalade will also be 14 this year. I think I know how you feel. Good luck and please keep us updated.

12 Annemarie April 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

So sorry to hear about all your recent challenges. What’s most important is taking time to heal.
I wanted to be the first to welcome you to southern Ontario. You’re going to love it here. I’m all the way down in Windsor. You can’t get much further south.
I wish good health and a smooth transition to you and Xander.
Annemarie