80/10/10 Recipe: Banana Raspberry Pineapple Smoothie

by on March 30, 2012

80/10/10 Raw Vegan Banana Raspberry Pineapple Smoothie

Raw Banana Raspberry Pineapple Smoothie

Spring is coming! I know it! We’re getting a few sunny days in between the rain here in Vancouver. So sometimes I can take my pictures outside. Yay!

I really love pineapple and raspberries in smoothies, I think they make almost as good of a combination as pineapple and black cherries.

This is a smoothie I regularly make as it has creaminess from the bananas, the tartness from raspberries, and a tropical pineapple twist to it. As long as you’re using fully ripe, spotted bananas as the base you can pretty much throw any frozen fruit into the blender with it and make a delicious smoothie.

80/10/10 Banana Raspberry Pineapple Smoothie

Serves 1-2

Ingredients:

2-3 bananas (ripe with lots of brown spots)
1 cup of frozen raspberries
1 cup of frozen pineapple
a little water to blend

Directions:

Add ingredients to blender starting with the bananas at the bottom and the water and frozen fruit on top. Blend until smooth.

Drink and enjoy!

Variations:

You can easily make this a green smoothie by adding a few handfuls of spinach or kale (destemmed of course)

——-

What smoothie combination have you been wanting to try but have never had before? What fruits are you excited about coming into season again?

1 Margaret March 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Hi Veronica
Smoothie.
I have also tried soaking raw almonds overnight
then next day blending in a little squeezed
orange juice & 3 ripe bananas. Absolute yum!
Warmest wishes & Thank you for all your
Recipes.
Margaret (NZ)

2 kris March 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM

i went all out yesterday just as an experiment to see how i would feel afterwards…here’s what went into my smoothie:
With 2 cups of pure water….Frozen banana, frozen berries, a desert spoon of each: LSA, flax oil, spirulina, chorella, barley leaf powder, chia seeds, raw cacao, maca powder, Lucumu Powder, Mesquite, Acai, Camu Camu, grade B maple syrup, cinnamon, turmeris, cayenne and powdered vit C.
I could of run a marathon ten times over, in fact too much energy, i couldnt wind down!

3 Veronica March 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I just prefer to not use oils of any kind. Flax oil is particularly unstable raw and that’s why it has to be stored in a dark bottle in the fridge, when it hits sunlight it can go rancid. There’s nothing you get in oil that you can’t get from something whole, so we prefer to use ground up flax seed.

That’s a lot of stimulants for a smoothie! No wonder. You like cayenne in a fruit smoothie?

4 Erin March 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I sure can’t wait for berry season! Especially for strawberry picking. The fresh picked strawberries taste nothing like the store-bought ones.

5 Nancy March 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Sounds very good. I have everything but the raspberries. I am planning a trip to the store tomorrow to get ingredients for the soups so I will grab some while I am there. Veronica, I had a chuckle because the purple hides the lettering for the Low Fat… and on my computer it says Fat Vegan Chef! Oh my! That combined with the fact I need reading glasses and I am not wearing them at the moment.
Thanks for all the work you do. warmly, Nancy

6 Veronica March 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That made me laugh! lol sometimes things on the internet don’t load as we’d like..